Ingevity recently committed to donating an additional $40,000 to the United Way of Southwest Louisiana. This gift will help advance the greater good of the community in Beauregard Parish.
“Education, financial stability and health are the building blocks to a good life,” stated Danny Kyle, plant manager of Ingevity’s DeRidder chemical facility. “This donation and our partnership with the United Way of Southwest Louisiana will provide the resources needed for bold community change in Beauregard Parish.”
Sherry Istre, human resources administrative coordinator, Ingevity, continued by stating, “Each year, I’m impressed by the generosity of our employees. Their dedication to helping fellow citizens, and doing it with a smile, never ceases to amaze me. I enjoy working in such a positive environment with amazing people.”
United Way of Southwest Louisiana works with organizations in the area to create long lasting change – preventing problems from happening in the future. A few programs benefitting from Ingevity’s donation are:
- BeauCARE, Inc., which provides a safe place for youth development along with the tools and skills to improve the educational, physical and emotional well- being of over 500 youths.
- Beauregard Arc, an adult rehabilitative program that provides work opportunities for citizens with developmental disabilities.
- Beauregard Council on Aging, which delivers free meals to the homes of frail or homebound senior citizens; provides free meals at the facility to disabled or aged citizens who are unable to prepare meals at their home; and provides transportation for the aging.
- Iberia Comprehensive Community Health Center, which provides medical, laboratory, health education and social services for the community.
- Beauregard Community Concerns, which provides a 24-hour safe haven for battered women and their children.
Ingevity: Purify, Protect and Enhance
Ingevity provides specialty chemicals and high-performance carbon materials and technologies that help customers solve complex problems. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, printing inks and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions. Through a team of talented and experienced people, Ingevity develops, manufactures and brings to market products and processes that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Headquartered in North Charleston, S.C., Ingevity operates from 25 locations around the world and employs approximately 1,500 people. The company is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: NGVT). For more information, visit www.ingevity.com.