Pictured above (l to r): Ingevity employees Roger Bryson, Brandon Thomas, Robbie Robertson, Danny Kyle, Arlene Brooks, Carl Mike, Sherry Istre, Ashley Hauser, Carl Slover, DeAnna Droddy, Margaret Hines, Paul Simmons, and Kelly Lewis present the check to Felicia Burke of the United Way of Southwest Louisiana.
DERIDDER, La., June 3, 2016 – Ingevity recently presented a check for $74,875 to the United Way of Southwest Louisiana. This donation will strengthen the resources needed for education, income and health initiatives throughout Beauregard Parish, which is home to one of Ingevity’s chemical manufacturing facilities.
Programs benefitting from these funds are:
- BeauCARE, Inc., which provides a safe place for youth development along with the tools and skills to improve the educational, physical and emotional well-being of over 500 youths.
- Beauregard Arc, an adult rehabilitative program that provides work opportunities for citizens with developmental disabilities.
- Beauregard Council on Aging, which delivers free meals to the homes of frail or homebound senior citizens; provides free meals at the facility to disabled or aged citizens who are unable to prepare meals at their home; and provides transportation for the aging.
- Iberia Comprehensive Community Health Center, which provides medical, laboratory, health education and social services for the community.
- Beauregard Community Concerns, which provides a 24-hour safe haven for battered women and their children.
“We have worked with the United Way of Southwest Louisiana (SWLA) for over 10 years,” said Danny Kyle, plant manager of Ingevity’s DeRidder, Louisiana, chemical facility. “We are passionate about supporting the fundamentals that lead to bold change in the community where we live, work and play. Allocating our dollars to the United Way of SWLA helps with this change.”
Ingevity: Purify, Protect and Enhance
Ingevity provides specialty chemicals and high-performance carbon materials and technologies that help customers solve complex problems. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, printing inks and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions. Through a team of talented and experienced people, Ingevity develops, manufactures and brings to market products and processes that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Headquartered in North Charleston, S.C., Ingevity operates from 25 locations around the world and employs approximately 1,500 people. The company is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: NGVT). For more information, visit www.ingevity.com.